Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a fire pit, a fire ring and a chiminea?
- Fire rings are great for vacation homes or in areas where the open burning of wood is allowed by city ordinances. You can create true "campfire" ambiance, and they come in a variety of sizes.
- Fire pits are more sophisticated than fire rings. These come in a wide range of materials and sizes, and most allow you to contain the fire within steel mesh or glass. They are raised up off the ground, which allows for 360-degree viewing. Fire pits are becoming increasingly popular as people strive to get more use out of their outdoor living spaces.
- Chimineas are similar to fire pits, but look like small fireplaces. They have an opening in the front, and a short "chimney" for the smoke. Chimineas are normally made from clay, but are also available in copper and cast iron.
What are the different types of patio heaters?
- Traditionally, patio heaters are designed with either a propane or natural gas burner. As patio heaters have become more popular, a wide variety of sizes have been developed - from Turbo Power Level heaters which emit 40,000 to 50,000 BTUs, to small tabletop patio heaters. Recently, electric patio heaters have become very popular as well, because they radiate infrared heat, rather than burning fuel. Electric patio heaters help reduce emissions potentially harmful to the environment.
What is your return policy?
- Please visit our Shipping & Returns page to view our shipping, returns and warranty specifications.
Do you sell protective covers for your products?
- Yes! We carry quality covers in various sizes to fit your specific fire pit, patio heater or fireplace. These covers are an excellent way to protect your investment against the elements!
Is there an easy way for me to build my own fire pit?
- Please visit our How to Build a Fire Pit page for easy, detailed instructions.